Tuesday 31 January 2012

UNKNOWN ERROR - 18

If you are getting the "Unknown error - 18" problem while trying to install or update games or other apps, delete the file smdl2tmp1.asec in the .android_secure folder on the SD card and it should go back to normal.

AND THE OTHER WAY

To those who can't find the '.android_secure' folder I have found a way to fix the '-18 unknown error' I was getting. After reading the above post to delete the file 'smdl2tmp1.asec' I tried it and couldn't find it. I don't have any applications installed on the SD card, so I'm guessing this is why I couldn't find that folder in the SD cards root folder.

So while I had my phone plugged in and the drives mounted, I got the idea to try the install again. And I'm guessing since the SD card was unavailable it couldn't error out and the install works! Angry Birds is once again wasting my time. I'm guessing you could just unmount the SD card from withen the phone's software and it should work the same as well. Hope this helps to those who can't find the folder.

0 comments

Post a Comment